Christmas is just about here. I think I've been a good boy this year. (Jonny Prophet can make no such claim.) So here are a list of "Christmas presents" that I would like over the course of 2015. Realize though, that this is not a list of prayers for world peace and ending disease and all of that. That stuff would be great and I would gladly trade away all of my gifts and possessions to make them come true, but that's not realistic. This is a somewhat realistic fanboy list. So without further ado:
1. I want to love Avengers: The Age of Ultron. I loved the first Avengers and I have faith in Joss Whedon. However, there are certain things that have me worried. The seeds to the Civil War plot arc for Captain America 3 will apparently be sewn. We are introducing new characters like Baron Strucker, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch and whoever the hell Andy Serkis is supposed to be playing. Cramming a lot of superfluous characters and story to set up future franchises can be poison for a superhero movie... just look at X-Men Origins: Wolverine and Amazing Spider-man 2. Now I'm not saying Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are extraneous characters, but you have some big names competing for screen time already. Why cast Jeremy Renner as Hawkeye if you aren't going to do much with him? James Spader's Ultron seems wonderfully creepy and I love the character in the comics, so by all accounts Avengers 2 should be awesome. Make it happen, Santa!
2. Likewise, I want Star Wars Episode VII - The Force Awakens to be good... like really good. Better than the prequels good. The buzz seems positive, Abrams went out of his way to try to rekindle the magic of the original trilogy, original cast members are returning... I want to fall in love but we've been burned before! Now, I'm not concerned about black Stormtroopers or lightsabers with hilts. I just want a good, well thought out story full of the fun that I grew up loving about Star Wars.
3. I want Justice Society Heroclix! Mainly, I want a new version of Wildcat. He needs to kick massive amounts of ass, with Indomitable and big attack numbers. Beyond him, I want other members remade like Hourman, Atom-Smasher, Dr. Mid-nite, Sandman, a good (pre-Nu52) Powergirl and maybe some newer members like Cyclone and Jakeem Thunder. I know DC is all Nu52, but Earth 2 sucks compared to Geoff Johns' JSA!
4. It would be awesome if Nintendo were to make some downloadable characters for Smash Brothers beyond MewTwo... which I am excited to get since I have missed him since Melee! How about getting online exclusive downloads of past playable characters such as Solid Snake, Roy and the Ice Climbers? Maybe we could get a few new characters like Megaman X or Zero, or maybe Captain Toad! How about King K. Rool? There's a ton of possibilities that Nintendo could take advantage of!
5. Zardoz on Blu-Ray! I need Sean Connery in a speedo, suspenders and hooker boots... IN HI-DEF!
6. I want 6 inch Star Wars Black figures made of General Greivous, IG-88, Bossk, Mace Windu and other ones I am forgetting at the moment. I can't believe it took over 35 years for them to make a line of 6 inch Star Wars figures.
7. That after "The Man from U.N.C.L.E." comes out, Guy Ritchie finally starts making The Real Rock n' Rolla!
8. I want the new Fantastic Four movie to bomb and for Fox to give up and let the license return to Marvel.
9. I want the Heroclix set based on the Trinity War to be better than the Trinity War storyline. I'm also hoping that this "ultra chase" bullshit will die with that set (There's enough hard to find pieces in the Heroclix game, we don't need harder ones to find!). I'm also also hoping that the dials for Shazam, Black Adam and the Crime Syndicate are good representations of the characters (with Indomitable for both Shazam and Black Adam!).
10. I want the rumors to be true that Sony and Disney may be making a deal for Spider-man to be in the Marvel film universe in the near future!
Hope you get everything you want for Christmas... unless you're evil. Then Krampus is coming to kidnap you and beat you and probably eat you!